vineri, 12 decembrie 2014

Bringing the pictures at dawn. Places to go, people to forget. When I think of friendship I get this strange feeling of pure joy mixed with melancholia. Not because my definition of friendship evolves around emotions, because it ends without them. I needed someone to rely on and I had friends. They were like a family to me. In fac, they were more than a family. Terribly flawed, with broken wings such as myself, I could bear the thought of tomorrow through the eyes of others. I could bring my dreams closer to realisation knowing that there were others near me who could breathe the same majestic air of failure. Promises of a new life brought upon us by the new overwhelming possibilities ahead of us. Chaotic, meaningful, deliberately harmful and respectful notion of time, I bid you make one exception and save some lost souls! 
Places to confirm our weakness, feelings to improve our behaviour, girls to make us start again. Comparison throuh the lens of an all seeying eye. Leaving me alone, near the doors of fate. I couldnțt enter. I just lay back, smoked a ciggarette and waited. I didn't know I'll wait forever. Nor that my wait will be so much like a broken leaf's trail through the air. I had no exception in my mind for you. Yet you came in. Hope.
For another lifetime, my thoughts spread into words and numbers like falling stars caught the glimpse of my vision. And so I was older. Not old, just older. Perfect harmony, symetry, words, repeating in my mind like endless whispers on a broken cassete recorder. Fleeing from the rain, under the shadow of a barricade, leaving thoughts to wander, aimlessly, displeasing, profoundly beatuiful. Times of joy and times of neutrality. Times of monotonous sorrow. And times of shadow and decay. Shall I be alone with the Gods again? Shall I smile and taste from the same cup of tranquility and oblivious mystery? Bring them in. Let the light creep upon my heart. Not a word of  doubt from the masters above. The pavement, stronger than our bodies, bent under the pressure of our dreams. Piercing through the veil, I was no longer a ghost. 
Climbing stairs, prying on households, I came upon the forest's shadow. But it felt like a home to me. Cranking up the volume and breathing evaporating fumes from nearby, I waited. We waited. It never let me down. My blood, my pressure inside my veins held a secret I couldn't resist to unveil. Carressing it was a hard task. But I was a harsh task master. So it begun. My unfolding journey towards the end of  the earth. Towards the end of oneself. But I was not alone. I was not going to die alone. And that made me feel safe. Without knowing, without knwing what? I knew everything I wanted as long as IO didn't know the truth. How foolish. How wise. How distasteful might it seem to others, rambling and gambling and dancing in this twisted game of fate alongside others. Parteners of decaying youth. Misfortune was our guide. Our promises were impoverished stars. Made of shrapnell and steel. The fire burning in my heart like a furnace. Melting away all impurities, crafting a diamond from the bones of an angel. Heavy fumes, heavy nights, lingering in paradise for a long while, then retreating to our dark homes. Where stories of malfeasance and disturbance crept over the walls. We had to survive another night, to be alive another day. And so on, and so on. Lying was bad for the soul. But poor advice is even worse. I lied about my condition. We lied about it. Preferring the sweet taste of a bent truth was not that hard to me. It was harder to live with demons. But the real monsters were inside my head.
Then it all went down. The dam broke loose. The beer spilled. And reaction to the casual world finally caught it's pace. Our tankyard lives trailed by the creeping tallons of a thousand fingers. Pointing, chanting. Evil. they are evil. We should be evil. Why not? 
Forget me, remember me, live me drown me, lie to me, place me, displace me, unfold me, steal me, kill me, rape me, trace me, collect me, disturb me, listen to me. You are not going anywhere, unless the corners of your eyes shoot flames. Unless your hands are ablaze. Unless you have a band of thieves to guard your back. A band of losers that will soon be millionaires. We robbed souls penniless of misfortune and doubt, of sad and fear and loathing. And we destroyed all their possesionss. So come to us, wether you're rich or poor, you're going to leave, enlighted, fulfilled, enchanted. Nevermind the positive book reading, the character building support, the zen, chakra and all other forms of bullshiting people. All you need is a cigarrete a beer and a barefoot dance around the campfire. It's tradition around here to burn your soul, before you go. Before you go home.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu